The Ciudad Real’s Cathedral

In 1531 arose the church of Santa Maria, leaving just the primitive Romanic church.

The impressive tower of four bodies of the cathedral was begun in 1781 and finished in 1827.

In 1875 by Bull of Pope Pio IX the Church of St. Mary Basilica became the Cathedral of Ciudad Real, moving to her pageantry elements of the four Military Orders, such as PortaPaz of Uclés.
The interior:  being the only cathedral in Spain of these features and the highest nave church of Spain after the Cathedral of Gerona, with ornate Gothic vaults final. But what gives personality and seal of the Cathedral is the magnificent altarpiece of 1616 by sculptor Giraldo de Merlo and the painter Juan Hasten.

Responder

Introduce tus datos o haz clic en un icono para iniciar sesión:

Logo de WordPress.com

Estás comentando usando tu cuenta de WordPress.com. Cerrar sesión / Cambiar )

Imagen de Twitter

Estás comentando usando tu cuenta de Twitter. Cerrar sesión / Cambiar )

Foto de Facebook

Estás comentando usando tu cuenta de Facebook. Cerrar sesión / Cambiar )

Google+ photo

Estás comentando usando tu cuenta de Google+. Cerrar sesión / Cambiar )

Conectando a %s

A %d blogueros les gusta esto: